Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Boots, boots, boots

Hi all! This week's post is dedicated entirely to boots. I knew coming to England that boots were going to be my best friend. They keep you warm, they're comfortable to walk in and they're fashionable at the same time. However, I didn't realize what a huge fashion trend they are in England and how it's different from in the US.

Back home, it is very common for girls to wear boots: normally tall, flat, riding style boots. In case you're not entirely sure what I mean here's some examples (and ones that I wouldn't mind owning).



Shoes above from Bakersshoes.com




However, I've found that it's much more common in the UK for girls to wear ankle boots sometimes with a heel and sometimes without. They also feel free to wear a range of styles and colors with many different outfits. Here are some examples I've found:

Shoes above from Topshop.co.uk

I love that girls here feel free to wear whatever style they feel comfortable with. While there are plenty of people back home who have their own style, college students are much more inclined to wear the same, albeit cute, outfits or styles in the US. On the other hand, in the UK, while there are definite patterns or trends, it is much more common for people to wear whatever they want and express their personalities through their clothes, especially shoes.  

As much as I love my riding boots, I am quickly falling in love with this fashion statement and plan to add a pair (or two) to my collection ASAP. Then my only problem will be figuring out how to find the room in my suitcase to bring them home. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment